Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Introduction


My family picture, my son is 2 years and 9 months now.
Dear Everyone,

My name is Ainul Mardhiah Brinck, and you can call me Diah. My name comes from an Arabic name.  Ainul means “eyes”, and Mardhiah means “One who is loved and respected by all.”

I'm from Indonesia, and I used to live in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. Originally my family comes from Padang, West Sumatra, and I was born in Medan, North Sumatra. I have been here in the U.S. for 3 and 1/2 years, and I live in Palo Alto.

I'm married to an American man, and I'm a mother to a 2 1/2 year old boy. He's a very cute little boy and very talkative, and his American English accent is even better than me.

In my spare time I love cooking and I love to try many kinds of food from all over the world. My favorite food is Spicy Kung Pao Scallops, Japanese food, and food from my own country. I love spicy food. Whenever I eat I need a spicy sauce such as Tabasco.

 I'm taking this grammar class because I want to improve my grammar skills in writing and speaking. As my son gets older I want to continue studying in college here. I want to study Health Science.

I'm glad I had a chance to join this ESLL248 online class since I heard a lot of good reviews about Mrs. Wong’s class from former ESLL248 students.

4 comments:

  1. your child is very cute and handsome:)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, uni..... i think your grammar very2 impressed, You look like american english teacher not a student anymore, my 10 fingers for you, good luck uni ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah uni bisa sajo. Masih belajar ni uni, btw uni apakabar? udah lama ga online di fb ya

      Delete
  3. Hi Diah,

    I like the meaning of your name and how you explained it. It was very interesting to read your posts since I learned about your culture:) Good luck with your studies and I hope you go to college!

    Your classmate Uner.

    ReplyDelete