Thursday, March 21, 2013

Interview with a Classmate



Diah : What is your first language?

Irina : My first language is Belarusian, but most of the people in my country speak Russian, and Russian is an official language in Belarus as well.

Diah : Where is your office? and what is the company’s name?

Irina : I work for the company Electronics for Imaging (EFI). It is located in Foster City.

Diah : How old is your son?

Irina : Thank you for asking!! Exactly today my son is turned 20.

Diah : Is there a restaurant for authentic food from Belarus in Bay Area?
Irina : I have not found Belarusian restaurants in Bay Area, but there are many Russian restaurants, for example, Russian Renaissance Restaurant in San Francisco. Some dishes are similar.

Diah : What do you like the most about America?

Irina : I like the weather and nature here in California. Also, I like that I can meet people from different countries here.

Diah : Do you like living in America?

Irina : I like living in America, yet I miss my home country very much because I spent half of my life there, and my relatives and old friends live there.

When I asked Irina what her first language was, she said that her first language was Belarusian, but most of the people in her country were spoke Russian, because Russian was an official language in Belarus as well. In answer to my question about where her office was and what the company's name was, Irina said that her office was located in Foster city and she worked for an Electronics company for Imaging (EFI). When I asked how old her son was, she said that her son turned 20. In response to my question about whether there was a restaurant for authentic food from Belarus in the Bay Area, she answered that she had not found any Belarusian restaurants in the Bay Area, but there were many Russian restaurants, for example, Russian Renaissance Restaurant in San Francisco. She said that some dishes were similar to Belarusian. I wondered what she liked the most about America, and she said that she liked the weather and nature in California and she liked to meet people from different countries. I asked Irina if she liked living in America, and she said she did liked to live in America, even though she missed her home in her country very much because she had spent half of her life there, and also her relatives and friends live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment